Tuesday, April 25, 2023

My Taste Bud's Best Bud

 By  Matthew Kodnia

    While I was Italy and Greece, I had some of the most amazing food I have ever experience. If you ever find yourself in either country, these are my must try dishes from Athens and Florence. Warning you might want to get dinner after this one. 

     A dish I had in Florence Italy was called a Florentine steak. I had this steak on my second day in the city. I tried this cut of steak because a friend of mine told me before my visit that I must try it, especially when you're in the city where the cut is named after. The cut of the steak is a huge 2-3lb porterhouse steak with a New York steak on one side and a filet mignon on the other. It tasted like a gigantic fresh cut of meat that was cooked over hot charcoal. The steak was served medium to rare.  The inner most section was medium while the outer areas were rare. The meat was able to come right of the bone as if it was being pulled apart like ribs. The juices were even more tasty with seasoning being washed into my mouth like a river of flavor. It was served with Chianti wine that complimented the steak and roasted potatoes that empowered the flavor of being roasted with butter. 

        
In Greece, while in Athens, I was able to enjoy an authentic gyro meat dish served at the restaurant was named Kosmikon. I chose the gyro meat dish because I've always had it at a diner in America. I swear it was not so I could brag to my sister about eating the Greek dish in Greece.  This place provided one of the best gyro dishes I have ever had. The meat consisted of a mix between lamb and chicken. The blend was masterfully crafted. It made my mouth water when I put it in the pita bread with the Gonzalez sauce. The Sauce tastes like an earthy and salty blue cheese with a sharp flavor. The experience of having authentic gyro meat was worth coming to Greece. I've had it at American places like diners, but it has never tasted this fresh. The freshness gave the meat an added taste that greatly consumed my tastebuds to the full extent. 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment